Saturday, June 18, 2016

More AP specifics

Controller: Naze32

Firmware: CleanFlight iNav (specifically for UAV with improved navigation function built-in)

Interface: Multiwii Serial Protocol

So here's roughly how it will integrate... I'll flash and install the cleanflight iNav to the Naze32.  I'll use cleanflight iNav configuration software to setup the controller.  The Controller will not take any servo channel inputs, but it will drive the aileron trim servo and the pitch stepper servo via a RC PWM to 4-wire Stepper translation IC (probably arduino).

The Android 4.4 CarPC will have a dedicated permanent USB connection to the Naze32.   I'll run the configuration software on the CarPC.  I'll write my own Autopilot command app that will send Wii Serial  command (MSP_SET_RAW_RC) to the Naze32 via the USB.  These command will engage/disengage the AP modes on the Naze32, trim the aileron (when disengaged) and steer the AP for navigation mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment