Friday, May 27, 2016

Back to the... EFIS

3D-GPS-7-Android-4-4-Double-din-Car-PC-Tablet-Stereo-GPS-In-dash-Radio-3G-Wifi
This is the future!

What we need is a blue-tooth data collection device.  It would take the following:

- Airspeed
- Altimeter
- Tachometer
- Oil Pressure
- Oil Temperature
- Manifold Pressure
- Amp Meter
- Fuel Pressure
- Fuel Flow
- Fuel Level x3
- EGT x4
- CHT x4

That's 18 channels (16 analog, 2 digital).  Teensy 3.1 can support this.

Then need to find an open-source EFIS... If only such a thing exists...
can-efis | SourceForge.net


3 comments:

  1. Hello Again !
    I found this thread on a forum ! perhaps something cool to make with this guy http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=130131

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Again !
    I found this thread on a forum ! perhaps something cool to make with this guy http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=130131

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yeah, this is written in C++ and won't port to android. About 3 weeks ago I spent a bunch of time investigating different rendering engines. I got openGL, Direct3D to work. I started working on my own rendering engine as this is very simple graphics. My degree in college was in computer science focused on 3D. I've written a flight simulator from scratch about 8 years ago. It's very similar, except you don't have to model flight, you just have to display where you are and all the flight data.

      One of my goals for tihs system is to make it better than what we have today. More intuitive less data being displayed all the time, and more contextual.

      Delete